You will need to obtain an Apostille on a Power of Attorney if you wish to conduct business or handle family matters in a member country of the Hague Apostille Convention. The document will usually be prepared by an attorney or specialist in the other country and mailed or emailed to you. As long as the document has been notarized properly, Secretary of State offices will accept documents in foreign languages.

The next step is to meet with a local notary after the documents have been drafted. Since the documents will be authenticated by the Secretary of State, the notary must follow the correct notarial guidelines in their state. The proper notarial wording must either be printed on the document or attached to the signed page in English. To avoid any delays, it’s important to work with a notary who has at least several years of experience.

Your State may also require an English translation, so you will need to hire a certified translator and have the translator’s signature notarized by a notary within the same state. Visit the American Translator’s Association website to find a certified translator.

Nevertheless, all documents we receive are verified before they are sent to the Secretary of State.  When we encounter any problems, we will inform you as soon as possible and provide step-by-step instructions on how to fix the problem.

The process of obtaining an apostille can be complicated. You shouldn’t leave this process to untrained employees or non-professionals who don’t fully understand the Apostille process and the unique requirements of certain countries. This could result in your paperwork being rejected, costing you time and money. Be sure this doesn’t happen to you!

Need more information? Call, Text or WhatsApp today: (914)441-2444 or apply here: